Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Laptop Screen

Options
  • 01-03-2007 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I have a sony vaio fe-11h laptop that i bought a year ago this month(prob about a weeks warranty left on it)

well one side of the screen has a dead pixel and across the middle of the screen there are these brown marks. It looks like dirty fingerprints but it wont come off, I think its from pressure on the screen when the laptop is in my bag.

I would really love to either get the screen fixed or replace it. If i sent it back to sony it would prob cost me a good bit but i was wondering how complicated is replacing a laptop screen. it's a 15.4 inch widescreen.

would i have to buy a sony replacement screen specifically or how would i go about it, or is it more trouble than its worth

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Definately more trouble than its worth. Normally replacing a laptop screen is uneconomical - its like repairing a written off car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Agreed.

In fact, there's a thread on this very topic on the laptops forum right now.

Advertisement