Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Direct Free-Roll Qualifier, Malahide, Thursday 5pm

Options
  • 01-03-2007 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just want to make sure you all know that we are running a free-roll in the Westbury Card Club, The Green, Malahide, Co. Dublin this Thursday March 1st.

It starts at 5pm and is open to all players.

3,000 starting stack. No Re-Buys....The winner will receive entry into our €200 + €20reg freezeout which will start at 7:45pm sharp and will see a player or two qualify into the €3,500 Irish Open.

Seats are limited to the first 30 players registered and we already have 15 seats reserved.

Once players are knocked out of the freezeout they can also play in a €20 +reg (1 ticket) or €40 +reg (2 tickets) single table tournament which we will be running to qualify more players.

stephen@pokerireland.ie

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Stephen, not to sound like a moany old yolk, but this is not the first time that I have had to post about your tournies not adhering to the charter.

I had nothing to do with drawing up the charter as it was before my mod time, but the fact is it is there, and we regularly get posts reported because of it.

The next one of these that I see posted by yourself or Derek (who as I understand it works with or for you at times?) will be deleted, or edited to remove content.

The other alternative is to scrap the charter and have a free for all which sounds like a pretty good alternative at times to me, but that is not the case at this point in time.

I'm not trying to be a prick about it, but it is how things have to work as they are currently. There are one or two others that I will have to give this ultimatum to as well I think. I should really stop coming into this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Phil-Dublin

when you say free entry, is that completely free and no hidden rebuy?

also can anyone play or is there some restriction on eligibility, like member of a club or site or some other thing that people have to be, like over 25 and under 26.

phil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

5starpool wrote:
    Stephen, not to sound like a moany old yolk, but this is not the first time that I have had to post about your tournies not adhering to the charter.

I had nothing to do with drawing up the charter as it was before my mod time, but the fact is it is there, and we regularly get posts reported because of it.

The next one of these that I see posted by yourself or Derek (who as I understand it works with or for you at times?) will be deleted, or edited to remove content.

The other alternative is to scrap the charter and have a free for all which sounds like a pretty good alternative at times to me, but that is not the case at this point in time.

I'm not trying to be a prick about it, but it is how things have to work as they are currently. There are one or two others that I will have to give this ultimatum to as well I think. I should really stop coming into this forum.

Hi Dom,

Sorry about that. I was multi-tabling as I posted that thread but I don't know what details are missing?

Free-Roll open to all players. No stipulations or anything like that.
    3,000 starting stack.....(I realise I left these details out) - 10 minute clock.......25-50, 50-100, 75-150, 100-200, 150-300, 200-400 etc, Self deal and no re-buys allowed (i.e. we're not advertising this as a free-roll and then raising the prize-fund through the players - we are digging deep and stomping up the cash)......

As players are knocked out of the free-roll they will still be able to qualify into tonight's tournament through single table tournaments.

Tonight's €200+€20reg Freezeout starts at 7:45pm sharp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Nice game, nice surroundings, and a nice early exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Thanks for a great game Stephen and Derek. It was very enjoyable, nice to play with some of the boards players.

Well done Niall and best of luck in the IO

Jp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

i assume Nial won this,
    very well done Niall,
    who was he playing HU?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Niall O' Callaghan??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

And there i was wondering if the fitz end of month tourny was on last night and at a loss for a game. me only living 5 minutes from the westbury... Stephen can you text me next time you re running something like this ( I think u have my mobile) or someone let me know. I would of loved to play that last night....

P.s I played Ken Doherty in that club in 1997 for charity when he was world champion so there..... How'd ya like them apples... And no i did nt beat him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

I got HU with the oldish guy sitting two to your left Eshan. Most of the poker was played 6 handed. I maintained an average stack of 12k until Eoin and JP were knocked out. Eoin got very unlucky, he had been building his stack nicely from 18k but two hands against one opponent cleaned him out. (KK v 66, opponent hit a 6) and I can't remember the other one. JP lost a few 60:40's as far as I recall. With Eoin gone (he was BB when I was button!!) I found it very easy to start accumulating chips and I had a 55k:22k chip lead when it went HU. We did a deal with me taking 2/3 of the money which seemed fair at the time. Thinking back on it I prob should have played on as he was inexperienced, but blinds were 800/1600 and he had every chance of doubling up as preflop raises of 5k were the norm.

Was a great game, cheers Stephen. Blind structure was great and the venue is really nice, very comfortable etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Jayminator wrote:
    And there i was wondering if the fitz end of month tourny was on last night and at a loss for a game. me only living 5 minutes from the westbury... Stephen can you text me next time you re running something like this ( I think u have my mobile) or someone let me know. I would of loved to play that last night....

P.s I played Ken Doherty in that club in 1997 for charity when he was world champion so there..... How'd ya like them apples... And no i did nt beat him

Hi Jay,

This game has been moved to Wednesday starting from next week. I would strongly recommend it to everyone, great structure, nice card room ect ect.

Stephen and Derek have realy pushed the boat out on this one, i wish them all the best. Unfortunately i won't be able to make it myself on Wednesdays.

Best of luck to all who play next week

Jp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Well played, Niall. I liked your late entrance. Just like the saying in horse racing "last down (to post), first back (to finish line)".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

well done Niall,
    i knew the ticket was either gonna be urs or Eions and to be honest i thought it was gonna be two of you HU.
    well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

well done Niall.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thats brilliant Niall - great result and another Boardsie in the big one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Thanks to all who played and to all who are planning on playing again next week......it really was great value for any student of poker as a good few players were only really learning the game having qualified through free-rolls etc......

I'll post all details about the following in a separate thread..... next Wednesday we're running the same tournament €200 + €20 freezeout with the same blind structure etc but from then until the Irish Open (Wednesday 4th April is our last qualifier) the tournament will probably be a €50 + €10 Buy-in with unlimited re-buys for first three levels and top-up allowed. We may or may not guarantee a ticket at these tournaments......Details will follow.

Cheers.

Advertisement