Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

renting a car at dublin airport - urgent query

Options
  • 28-02-2007 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

hi, due to unforseen circumstances, i have to rent a car at dublin airport when my dad comes over, had not planned for this. (tomorrow morning!)

must i imperatively book the car online or can i show up at the desk tomorrow when his flight comes in and then get a rental car?

will that cost more?ive got all documents needed to book a car, just not the time.

thanks for letting me know as soon as possible

btw, im thinking of budget.ie. checked them a while back and they seemed the cheapest (Even for a 25 year old) (48.00 + 10x4 days for <26 years)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You should have no problem getting one this time of year. I'm not sure if it's any cheaper online but many people use that to ensure that they have one available at peak times. There are several desks in the arrivals area, over towards the right of the exit from airside - Budget, Hertz, Murray's etc.

This link will give more info: http://www.dublinairport.com/to-and-from/car-rentals/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Having formerly worked in the car hire industry, I can tell you that 9 times out of 10 you are better off booking in advance. They'll be plenty of cars at this time of year, just phone round Hertz/Avis/Budget and the 'local' ones at the Airport.

For the 'big 3', walk-in rates (ie. not pre-booked) are designed to test the limits of your wallet :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Try www.carbookers.ie - I got a really good price from them before - think they search quite a few of the companies for you - dunno if you will be able to book for tomorrow - worth a try anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Gatster wrote:
    Hertz

Don't be putting silly idea's in his head :rolleyes: .

I find these guys fairly cheap http://www.enterprise.ie/, use them fairly frequently myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You will not be able to rent online with most rental agencies with less than 24 hrs notice.

I can arrange a car for you through AVIS once you have a valid licence - PM me if want more info.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You could have reserved one in the time it took you to search and post this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I was charged €100 extra for being under 25 (I'm 24...) by Hertz, although not in Ireland. ****.

Advertisement