Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory sitck duo??

Options
  • 28-02-2007 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

HI im wondering what the difference between Memory stick duo and Memory stick Pro duo ?? Is it just the transfer speed??

Also what is the highest apacity available? I was looking on ebay and one guy was selling 8GB modles but some poeple said that they are fakes.

One final question.
    I am thinking of getting a Sont Ericsson k750i that takes memory stick duo/pro up to a maximum size of 4GB . Do you think that it would be able to take the 8GB modle??

cheers
    Chris.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Wiki entry on Memory stick pro duo - in short more capacity & faster speeds.

According to the wiki entry an 8GB was shown off at a trade show but I presume never actually released which is why those 8GB are probably fake.

The largest I've seen are 4GB sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

OK cheers thanks. THe person whos selling those 8GB sitcks has a 92% satisfaction rating, so even if they are not official sticks do you think its possible that they are infact 8GB sticks that work??

Also the maximum supported stick is 4GB under the specs on sony's website for the Sony Ericsson k750i do you think that they only said that because at the time that was the biggest stick availible?? do you think the phone will be able to handle bigger sticks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

According to this 8GB memory sticks where coming from Sony in the end of Feb 2007 which has just passed by.

Also according to Sony's site the k750i does not officially support 4GB or 8GB memory sticks and however 4GB does work but causes the phone to start up slower and with longer access times in reading files apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Thanks man, On the Sony Ericsson site they say that the phone supports up to 4GB so it's odd that they say it doenst on that site you provided me with.

Also I am looking at getting one of the 4GB memory stick duo's that are on Ebay. They all seen to be sold by people in Hong Kong I heard taht these are more then likely fakes. Do they generally still have full functionallity even though they are most likely fake?? has anyone had any expearience with flash cards from such sellers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you want to avoid eBay, 7dayshop are reliable and cheap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement