Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc wont boot up.help??

Options
  • 28-02-2007 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

my pc wont boot up its keeps trying to boot. but every time the windows page starts it just goes back to the start over and over again. its says no pri slave dectected. what can i do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Have you tried starting Windows in Safe Mode to see if you can get a better error message, or see if it will start? Press F8 before the Windows logo screen appears to get a menu, and select Start in Safe Mode.

Have you checked in the BIOS to see if all your hardware is being detected properly? You can do this by pressing a specific key (sometimes Delete, sometimes one of the F keys - it should say when you see your computers manufacturer's screen).

What make and model of computer do you have? What version of Windows do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

thanks aidan
    i managed to get in and do a system restore. i got a trojan horde backdoor today and would say this caused the problem. anyway thanks for your reply

Advertisement