Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commuting monaghan to dublin

Options
  • 28-02-2007 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Does anybody do the journey from monaghan town to dublin everyday, is it do able ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Someone who actually does the commute, or does some of the journey, might be in a better position to answer, but here's my tuppenceworth.

Thinking road conditions here, after Carrickmacross/Castleblaney, its not the best road to Monaghan, not for the faith hearted during the morning rush.

As for the actual commute, imo, its a tad long. If you are working on the northside, it will be less of a pain compared with having to deal with the M50/Southside/City Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

I used to do Rathfarnham to Monaghan town a few years back. Even going against the traffic most of the time I found it too long to be sustainable long term. Even with the improved roads it's a long drive, I found tiredness to be a problem in the evenings returning home. Also any bad weather slows you down significantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pink-lizzy

If you are comming from the Northside of Dublin you should get to Monaghan in about 90 mins - thats if you arent stuck in traffic in Castleblayney...But there is a new Bypass opening for Blayney towards the end of the year so that should help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skumballz

Mr Jinx wrote:
    Does anybody do the journey from monaghan town to dublin everyday, is it do able ?

Collins Coaches do a a good bus service from Monaghan Town To dublin. Search google. Used to get it to Killmoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

skumballz wrote:
    Collins Coaches do a a good bus service from Monaghan Town To dublin. Search google. Used to get it to Killmoon.
    I think you mean McConnon's. Collins' only run from Carrickmacross and one service a day from Ballybay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Carrickmacross to Dublin airport can be done in 50 minutes. Should give you a rough idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pj_samba

Do Monaghan town to leopardstown most days - absolute killer. its 1 hr 15 to the M1/M50 roundabout - after that how long is a piece of string.

Don't do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

I echo what the others have said. Carrickmacross maybe but dealing with Castleblayney everyday would be a major pain. I know the new bypasses and what not should cut the journey time by about 15-20mins based on normal traffic on current roads but even still.

Feel for you PJ!

Advertisement