Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking good for Munster

Options
  • 28-02-2007 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

Well at this stage we all know how brilliant the pack were on Saturday. And I think this can only bode well for Munster's chances in the heino in a months time. Hayes, Horan, DOC, POC, Leamy, Wallace all looking in superb form. Then add Quinlan to the list who was very impressive in the earlier games and Jerry whos startin to get some game time under his belt. Pretty formidable dont you think!

I'd certainly be pretty worried if I were Llanelli. Lets hope they are too cos I've got a wager on that game. Saturdays game almost brought me back to that sunny Sunday last April. Such was the forwards domination, England were essentially blown off the field much like Leinster were that day. Surely if they can reproduce that it'll be a red army invasion of London this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Ya its looking like in typical munster fashion they will hit a run of form after the 6n. Worried about threats we have in the backs, Murphy and Halstead combo back is a positive sign and hopefully we'll see good things from a fit again Christian Cullen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Yes Munster should be back to their stick it up the jumper best for the Heineken cup. I have no problems with this though. It works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

MikeHoncho wrote:
    Yes Munster should be back to their stick it up the jumper best for the Heineken cup. I have no problems with this though. It works.
    Such a shame - from a Munster perspective - that ROG doesn't have a better backline to play with. Looking at him on Saturday, it's tragic that he's limited to a 1 dimensional style. If Carter or JW had the sort of game he had, they'd be singing about how they're the best FH in the world for months, and they'd refer to THAT game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

GreenHell wrote:
    Worried about threats we have in the backs, Murphy and Halstead combo back is a positive sign
    Yeah I feel Halstead ia crucial for them. If you remember the bourgoin game and of course the leicster one he was badly missed. Still not sure about Mafi when it comes to the big games tho he has promise no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

After this season I'd like to see Munster invest in a top quality back. Lewis isn't enough per se and I'd worried that next year age will begin to catch up with Payne and Halsted, Cullen will probably be gone too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

i'd prefer to see Irish players on the team than mercenaries from abroad

I don't think O'Gara was brilliant out of the hand the last day. He missed touch on several occasions and near the end kicked the ball over the end line when going for the corner. Nobody ever seems to comment on his poor kicking from the hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

I don't think O'Gara was brilliant out of the hand the last day. He missed touch on several occasions and near the end kicked the ball over the end line when going for the corner. Nobody ever seems to comment on his poor kicking from the hand
    Thats because he's generally very solid out of hand. Anyway, his flawless goal kicking eclipsed any mistakes he made in that regard.

Also, when you talk about Irish players getting preference, you have to remember that there only 2/3 overseas starting players for munster usually. Compare that to Leicester who had 8 foreign players(4 irish) on the team that played at thomond.

I think Mafi might be better used on the wing for Munster, his defense seems noexistant at times, but there is no denying his skill going forward with the ball and pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭flsghujslkuo

I vote we get habanna :)

or since the Kiwi's are losing money, probably paying wages maybe we could get Rokocoko and help them out ;)

They'd be too fast for our game :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

i'd prefer to see Irish players on the team than mercenaries from abroad

I noticed this too, in player ratings this was not commnted on. Seems forgotten in the overall result, he will be unhappy with a lot of that game.
    Missed many touches and kicking a ball dead when an attacking lineout from our own throw beckoned was just brutal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

They'll problay beat the scarlts, but think the french sides and lecister would have to much for them. Wasps would be a close one aswell.

Advertisement