Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB.tv available up to 700kbps this year

Options
  • 28-02-2007 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Woo hoo!
    Though it is $5 a month more expensive than the standard 400kbps. Cant wait to hook it up to the TV and see how it looks. Even 400 wasnt so bad when sitting back from the TV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭WATPOAE

Hey, what do you use to connect to your TV?

Would definitely be interested in subscribing if I can hook it up to my TV at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

S-Video out to Scart in....pretty cheap and common connector. If your TV or DVD player or whatever has an S-Video you might be able to run it straight to that. Then there was some rather annoying fiddling around with the video settings (I used to have an IBM T42). Getting a new Dell this week, so I hope I can remember how to get it working

Cheers for that.

I have a Toshiba laptop myself. Must check if it has the right connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

zuutroy wrote:
    Woo hoo!
    Though it is $5 a month more expensive than the standard 400kbps. Cant wait to hook it up to the TV and see how it looks. Even 400 wasnt so bad when sitting back from the TV.

700kbps should look alot better on the tv. Have had MLB.TV for the last few years and if your into your baseball its a must to have. It should be well worth the extra few euros a month for better quality pictures. Can't wait for the new season :)

I've signed up for MLB Premium TV for one month to test it out. Have to say its very good. Watched most of the Jays opener vs Detroit from the comfort of my dining room on Tuesday night! The condensed games and highlight features are great also for catching up on games you may have missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I'm a bit peeved that the condensed games aren't in 700k, but not the end of the world I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

mlb.tv is excellent. signed up for the 400kbps for April but will upgrade to 700 for May. When i sit a few feet away from the monitor the quality isn't the greatest but it is defineitly watchable. 700kbps should be a big improvement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

namloc1980 wrote:
    mlb.tv is excellent. signed up for the 400kbps for April but will upgrade to 700 for May. When i sit a few feet away from the monitor the quality isn't the greatest but it is defineitly watchable. 700kbps should be a big improvement

It is excellent but i thought 700kbps would make a massive difference too but its not as big a jump in quality i was hoping for. MLB.TV is a great service though :)

Advertisement