Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabo -lost customer No. and Digiapass

Options
  • 28-02-2007 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

I cannot remember for the life of me where I put them. I am normally very careful.

I understand if I cant find them (customer No. and Digipass) I will have to get replacements - thats fine - there is still a chance of finding them though - thats if they are lost.

But my question is:

Noone except for me knows my Digipass No. but my customer number was with it. Is there anyway someone could take money out of my account without me knowing.

Its been a week since I last used it. I thought I had put it back in its usual place, but went there this morning and wasnt there. So, its been about a week since I thought I put it there.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I would contact Rabodirect asap, but someone else shouldn't be able to access it unless the know the PIN for your digipass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Makemericher

I am a RaboDirect customer. If you lose your Digipass and your customer number you've nothing to worry about. The digipass is no use without your PIN number so you're safe there. Take a look at www.rabodirect.ie/security/digipass/digipass.asp

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I have accounts with Rabo too, and lost my digipass and account numbers a few months ago.

I know I put them somewhere safe, just can't remember where that safe place is...

Anyway, if you want to check your balance, just ring Rabo and they will give you your account balance over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 RaboDirect

Rsta,
    Please contact the RaboDirect Customer Contact Centre on 1850 88 22 22 - open Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm and we'll assist you. You will be asked a series of questions to identify you and you will also be required to complete a Lost Digipass form which you can download from www.rabodirect.ie - the link is on the home page.

Your misplaced Digipass is of no use to anyone without the PIN code. This is one of the reasons why we use Digipasses with personal PIN codes.

Btw, for even extra peace of mind there are addtional security features that you can customise on your online account:
    - You can set your own pre-defined limits for withdrawals from your Rabo accounts (the default setting allows unlimted withdrawals)
    - If you will be away for an extended period, eg, holidays etc, you can temporarily block access to your accounts by setting start and end dates.
    During the periods chosen nobody can log in to your accounts and conduct any transactions.

All the best,
    RaboDirect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Ah a reply from Rabobank...
    well its ok, I'm not bothered too much cos I only used my digipass to check my balance every few weeks or months. But seeing as I dont need the digipass now I don't mind.

When I ring rabobank they give me my balance over the phone. I'm just asked a few security details and thats it.

Thanks for the info. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 RaboDirect

Rsta,
    Please note that you cannot transact without your Digipass, ie, make withdrawals. You really should request a replacement Digipass - it won't take long to get a replacement out to you.

RaboDirect

Advertisement