Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Chant

Options
  • 28-02-2007 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what that really strange chant/song the french fans sing while moving their arms?

Got it stuck in my head and i'd love to get a copy of it.

(Stefano, I'm looking at you? :))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Allez les Bleus?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

lol

nope and it's not the Marseillaise either!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

I remember that, when the two sections of french supporters were waving their hands back and forth and side to tide to each other? I'd never seen that before. Cant remember the tune or words I just have this image of loads of arms waving back and forth, it was quite impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Nous sommes merde!!! :cool:

Exar Khun wrote:
    I remember that, when the two sections of french supporters were waving their hands back and forth and side to tide to each other? I'd never seen that before. Cant remember the tune or words I just have this image of loads of arms waving back and forth, it was quite impressive.

That's the one. I was right in front of the band up in the upper hogan. It was really addictive and fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

It's called Paquito! Here's what the French Wikipédia says:

Paquito Chocolatero:

Paquito El Chocolatero (ou Paquito chocolatero) est un pasodoble composé lors de l'été 1937 par Gustavo Pascual Falco (né à Cocentaina -Province d'Alicante- le 15 mai 1909), et doit son nom à son beau-frère Paquito Perez Molina, à qui l'œuvre est dédiée. Ce morceau était joué lors de fêtes Moros y Cristianos d'Alcoy (qui fêtent la Reconquista), ainsi que lors des fallas et des hogueras. La partition originale n'a pas de paroles, mais des interprètes lui en ont ajoutées.

Les bandas du Sud de la France le jouent lors des férias et des fêtes, et les gens s'assoient par terre en imitant des rameurs d'aviron. Ce morceau a été repris de façon punk par Los inhumanos, par King Africa, et par Ricoune et les counass (Dans un verre à ballon).

Dans les années 2001, 2002 et 2004, elle a été l'œuvre musicale espagnole qui a touché le plus de droits d'auteur selon la SGAE.

Found this website which has the words and the tune (click top left where it says "Pour ecouter la chanson").

Awesome. thanks for that steffano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Nous sommes merde!!! :cool:
    et toi, t'es un p'tit con!!!:cool:

Heinrich wrote:
    et toi, t'es un p'tit con!!!:cool:
    A mon avis il le sait déjà alors j'ai préferé rien dire... :p

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    Awesome. thanks for that steffano
    Welcome RuggieBear! ;)

No personal abuse please. even if it is in french.

RuggieBear wrote:
    No personal abuse please. even if it is in french.
    hehehe :p In our defense, he started it! ;)

Just found this website and when you're on it you can hear the full version of Paquito! Excellent quality too! :)

And here you have some Spanish people doing it in the Málaga Feria.

Didn't find any videos of rugby supporters doing it at stadiums though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

its a spanish wedding song! and it was savage hearing that band do it in croker - what a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Pretty class stuff alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Ah ya, i loved the french brass band sound at the matches.
    Why cant we have somethin like that. So sick of the fields of athenry. Its such a friggin depressing oul song really!
    Any idea how that song attached itself to rugby?
    Anyway, i got a clip of the french lads givin it welly outside Croke Park last month.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN_zrpl3A0c

Advertisement