Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

underage car rental in dublin?

Options
  • 28-02-2007 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

hey all, does anyone know of any car rental companies in dublin (or ireland for that matter) that rent cars to people under 24 (i.e im 22)? Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Moved to Motors forum.

Mods feel free to move it if it should go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭Trampas

What type of licence have you got?

If you have a full licence you might get one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Yep you'll definily need a full licence, and usually you'll of needed to have held it for more than a year.

I rented a car back in 2001 at dublin airport when i was just 24, I think it was national car rental i went with. They will hit you with an extra change for being under 25, usually about €12 euro a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

yeah ive a full licence alright, bout 3 years. checked the net aswell and the youngest i can find is 23, and that involves payin somethin like a tenner a day extra, as someone just said. anyone got any suggestions?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

They will taker younger people if you use your own insurance. I read that on one of the car rental companies t&c's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement