Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1 insurance policy covering 2 cars?

Options
  • 28-02-2007 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if this is possible with any insurer?
    Basically I would be after 2 non-classic cars on one policy as I could only be driving one at a time while the other was parked at home.

I know that having a classic car (on a cheap classic insurance policy) is probably the best way to have a 'weekend' car, but I've got an option to pick up an early 90's jap import which would be great fun for weekends - except that the insurance on it would be a small fortune along with my daily motor if on seperate policies. Let alone the car tax.

Curious for knowledge.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

ive been looking into this for a while and come up against a brick wall each time unfortunately

i have a main policy and a classic policy and wanted a third (non classic) car

the only option i can find is to get a new policy with no no-claims :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

scaldybelt wrote:
    Hi,

Does anyone know if this is possible with any insurer?
    Basically I would be after 2 non-classic cars on one policy as I could only be driving one at a time while the other was parked at home.

I know that having a classic car (on a cheap classic insurance policy) is probably the best way to have a 'weekend' car, but I've got an option to pick up an early 90's jap import which would be great fun for weekends - except that the insurance on it would be a small fortune along with my daily motor if on seperate policies. Let alone the car tax.

Curious for knowledge.....
    There is that option from 123.ie where there is a 4k excess, but you get it for €990. Thats a new policy provided you have your license for 5 years I think , and I'm fairly sure the no claims can be nill, but possibly you need no record of a crash either. Seeing as you can't bring the no claims discount from one policy to another without loosing it on one of them.
    What ya getting? Supra twin turbo? GTO? 300ZX? Tax is another problem... on a 3 litre it'd be €1140 or something close to that, for a few weekends driving.

Advertisement