Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Muppets in Blue

Options
  • 28-02-2007 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Did anyone get caught in the jam caused by the accident outside RKH on the SCR this morning.

When I passed the sence, their was only one guard doing traffic duty yet the taffic jam if caused on the Con Colbert was unbeliveable.

Given that Kilmainham Garda station is only 100 yds away form the sence of the accident their was no additional guards on point duty.

What a bunch of w**kers our police are and dont have a clue how to manage the traffic in a situation like this.

What made matters worse, two guard where pulling people in on the bus lane outside the Sundrive Road Station. All these people wanted was to turn right to go down Herberton Road.

It makes my blood boil.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

did it ever cross your itsy bitsy little mind that there may have been only one garda available to attend the scene at the time?

i suppose if you go into a shop and its busy because something unexpected happened or they have only one memebr of staff, that all shop attendants are w***ers.

maybe you would like to make a monetary contribution to the govt to employ more gardai, or heres a better one still, join the garda reserve if you feel that strongly about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

buzzard wrote:
    Did anyone get caught in the jam caused by the accident outside RKH on the SCR this morning.

Nope, but yesterday I got caught in a tailback on the FLW, just beside the KRL. It was totally KRZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Should be RHK rather than RKH, surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Speaka de english please.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

was just gonna quote "sence", but there are so many grammer/spelling mistakes that it would be unfair to the others just to highlight "sence"... ah well...

in response to (what i can make of) your post: **** happens, traffic sucks no matter what, when accidents happen they are probably gonna make it worse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Futureman wrote:
    Nope, but yesterday I got caught in a tailback on the FLW, just beside the KRL. It was totally KRZ.

hahaha

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mike65 wrote:
    Speaka de english please.

Mike.

seconded, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

kdouglas wrote:
    was just gonna quote "sence", but there are so many grammer/spelling mistakes that it would be unfair to the others just to highlight "sence"... ah well...

Excellent! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

When I got through the bad spelling, poor grammer, and nonsensical abbreviations in Buzzard's post, I took it that there was a traffic jam. Did it ever occur to you that there may have been an accident; that someone may have been seriously injured; that the Gardaí were more urgently required elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ah it's good to see the Garda Defence Brigade :rolleyes: out in force today..

In fairness to the OP, rather than trying to be clever by pointing out typos and grammatical mistakes, why don't ye just acknowledge that a lot of the Gardai sent out to direct traffic really haven't a clue.

Cast your mind back to this year's Operation Freeflow.. or last years. Here's another example: Traffic completely at a standstill at the roundabout beside the Quinn Direct building in Blanch last year. Where's the Garda? Why.. standing right outside the station about 300m further down the road "directing" traffic that flows quite well without her assistance thanks. (Incidentially the same exact spot she was standing in at Christmas too!)

Pure laziness and incompetence if you ask me. If they're gonna assign resources to do these jobs, they could at least try to do them properly and adapt as needs dictate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,228 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kdouglas wrote:
    there are so many grammer/spelling mistakes

Pot*Kettle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kildarejoe

Yep, operation no-flow.
    They send out the poor feckers straight out of templemore to direct traffic around dublin. With black gloves so you cant see what they are doing in the dark mornings and the dark uniforms, its only lucky one of them were not run over.
    If they ever opened their eyes and had a look at how other countries do it they would see how to do it properly, and how to equip their people. But OOOOoo no its Ireland so we have to waste tax payers money on useless crap, after all we can always screw the tax payer a bit more if we need to buy more useless crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

The missus calls "Operation Freeflow" "Opertion Christmas Bonus" for the Gardai as that's the only good she sees from it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Where is RKH on the SCR for us culchies?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,228 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:
    Where is RKH on the SCR for us culchies?

Royal Hospital Kilmainham (and not RKH as blastman rightly pointed out) on the South Circular Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    ...a lot of the Gardai sent out to direct traffic really haven't a clue...

!
    I suppose you could do better and that that footballer last night couldn't score in a fit - you could do better yourself - how could a snooker player miss such an easy shot - you could do better yourself - those politicians made a mess of policies again - you could do better yourself. You are I'm sure brilliant at your job and nobody thinks they could do better themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I suppose you could do better and that that footballer last night couldn't score in a fit - you could do better yourself - how could a snooker player miss such an easy shot - you could do better yourself - those politicians made a mess of policies again - you could do better yourself. You are I'm sure brilliant at your job and nobody thinks they could do better themselves.
    What a load of nonsense. Just because you or I can't do a particular job better than someone else doesn't mean that we can't see when it's being done badly and express an opinion on it! They are supposed to be trained in it after all. I've observed police officers (or in the case of the UK it's often Traffic Wardens) directing traffic in a number of other countries and they make the Gardai's attempts look like those of an epileptic scarecrow in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kdouglas wrote:
    there are so many grammer/spelling mistakes
    grammar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

in fairness lads its easy to sit on the bar stool and comment - either positively or negatively, but thats what makes life interesting i suppose.

i have to say tho' that some people on this forum fail to see that its often not the fault of any one organisation or person that our roadways decend into chaos the odd time. be realistic - a situation like the one described causes a bottleneck. no amount of gardai directing traffic can resolve that, its purely management of a bad situation ( and for thos of you who say it is a situation managed badly i hear you too ).

traffic volume on poorly designed roadways equals the main problem in my book. of course your going to have the odd garda who exhasperates( spelling? ) a situation, but we are all human and it is unfair and ignorant to make sweeping generalisations.

i do think that the initial comments are in bad taste however, especially considering the recent events involving the emergency services.

when was the last time any of us put our necks on the line doing our job?

"if you want to bring a problem, bring a solution!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

In fairness there’s more causes for our traffic problems than the Guards point duty skills. It can be funny though. Blanch shopping centre can be especially priceless. I remember two Xmas’s ago on the roundabout on the Clonsilla side of Blanch (near the McDonalds drive thru) there were four 10 year olds dressed as guards “directing traffic”. It was like some kind of Month Python sketch. A ballet of ineptitude.

At one stage they each had their hands up and all four entrances to the roundabout were stopped with nothing going around. At this point I blew my horn at the poor little girl in front of me and drove straight past her even though she still had her hand up (a tremendously liberating feeling let me tell you). Out of the corner of my eye I think I saw a small tear roll down her cheek as I did so. Felt guilty afterwards, I hope she got whatever dolly she wanted for Xmas that year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

A ballet of ineptitude.
    :D:D:D Couldn't of put it better...

Advertisement