Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have a bank account for my credit union account?

Options
  • 28-02-2007 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I know .. it seems I answer my own question!

I have a credit union account. I'll be dammed if I can be bothered to go into the credit union ever... I don't even go into banks, I use online banking.

I'd like to put x amount away each month in it, is there some "account number" I can transfer to so it shows up in my cu account? I know they can accept direct debits etc for loan payments and assume I could do a similiar one for savings, but the ammounts may be variable and infrequent.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You need to find out from your credit union, as each one would have it's own details. Whether they allow payments that way will be up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

The Credit Onion i am with have an AIB bank account...

When I want to deposit money intom my credit onion account I usually walk there and deposit the cash in person, but seeing as you're a lazy ****, you can probably transfer the money into your credit onion's AIB / BOI bank account with your membership number in the reference/message to sender section of your online bank transfer.

Get some fresh air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Working full time with banks open 10-4 isn't ideal. Who wants to spend their lunch break queueing in the bank? Hell, who wants to queue in the bank? But sure .. I'll call myself lazy if that suits. As for credit unions - I just don't like queueing up to manage money, I don't value it as a good use of my time.

I just wanted to see if it was possible and it seems it might be - I'll get onto the credit union for more info.

Advertisement