Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 Toyota Corolla

Options
  • 27-02-2007 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm considering buying a 02 Toyota Corolla. I currently drive a 01 1.0 Opel Corsa with 72,000 miles, its a clean car with alloys, steering wheel controls etc and never gave any trouble. However it has high depreciation and have grown fed up of it basically. The Corolla is a 5 door Hatch with a 1.4 VVTI petrol Engine. It's a 'T-Spirit'. It has everything regarding extras like alloys, fogs, Air con, Sun Roof, steering wheel controls etc. Its clean and has 65,600 on the clock. The garage want 11,500 for it but will give me 4,600 for the Corsa and then I owe 6900. Is that a fair deal, is the Corolla worth that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Not sure about the prices, check 02 corollas on cbg, carzone, etc

They are great cars tho (Toyotas) altho that mileage sounds a bit high, was it used as a taxi/commercial? Thats about 16,000 miles/year depending on when in 02 it was 1st registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lorax wrote:
    Not sure about the prices, check 02 corollas on cbg, carzone, etc

They are great cars tho (Toyotas) altho that mileage sounds a bit high, was it used as a taxi/commercial? Thats about 16,000 miles/year depending on when in 02 it was 1st registered.

65k miles on a 5 year old car is not huge mileage.

To OP, the Corolla T-Spirit was never sold here so the car is a UK import, I think €11,500 is a bit on the expensive side.

Does the car have a service history? Get the chassis number and get a HPI check done on the car from a UK HPI company. This will verify the milege, service history and any insurance claims made against the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wegner

No it doesn't come with service history. It is a UK Import registered in late 02. I thought that milage seemed ok on a Toyota especially. I mean whats the max the engine can do? It requires an NCT which the Garage will carry out.

How do you know the mileage is genuine? There is alot of clocking going on these days.

A UK HPI check will verify the mileage and any service history the car had.

bazz26 wrote:
    How do you know the mileage is genuine? There is alot of clocking going on these days.

A UK HPI check will verify the mileage and any service history the car had.

So when I get the chassis number how do I go about getting this UK HPI check done?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

wegner wrote:
    No it doesn't come with service history.

Walk away, it could have triple the miles on it, what garage in their right mind would go through all the trouble to import a UK car with no service history to sell on, someone looking for a sucker to buy it :D

wegner wrote:
    So when I get the chassis number how do I go about getting this UK HPI check done?

To be honest I would avoid this car without a service history. Too many potential pit falls imo.

If you are really kean on the car in question Have a read of the below link about what the HPI company do a check on, it is not cheap but could be worth it when spending alot of hard earned money on a UK motor:
    http://www.hpicheck.com

Alternatively the below guys do a comprehensive check on cars too, not sure though how comprehensive it is though on imports:
    http://www.carcheck.ie

Thanks very much for your help. I will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

11,500 is about the right price btw.

colm_mcm wrote:
    11,500 is about the right price btw.

For a UK import and no service history?

• Advertisement

The fact that it's higher spec than most Irish models (including Luna) will blind most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd have to agree with the others here - if the car has no service history then one would have to assume it's been clocked.

not even a non-franhise dealer history? Personally I wouldn't buy it. but somebodywill, therefore the price IS right

Advertisement