Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate, SG1, Season 10, Episode 18 : Family Ties [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 27-02-2007 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

Well then two more to go after this. How was this?

EDIT: My own feelings is that it hardly deserved the 1 I gave it . I am struggling to remember another episode this poor. Such a rambling waste of time. The end did give a moment of comic relief, although it was well flagged in advance.

How was it for you? 15 votes

10 Fantastic, I am going to miss it
    0% 0 votes
    6% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    6% 1 vote
    5 Used to be so much better
    6% 1 vote
    33% 5 votes
    6% 1 vote
    26% 4 votes
    1 Thank god it's nearly over
    13% 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

He he.. Virginia dialogues. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Absolutely sh1t - that's all I can say about this episode. :mad:

Jesus, this must have been one of the worst episodes ever

The only bit that I liked was when Carter and Jayseck (sp?) were talking about "Stargate Command not being as important as it once was" - obviously a thinly veiled threat at Sci-Fi channel for cancelling the show ;)

Vagina, vagina ..... for the last minute or so annoyed the hell out of me. That's like what a young lad in first class in National scholl would be saying, not what SG1 should have been reduced to :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Terrible episode. I did enjoy Tealc at the end tho. The kind of thing anyone with a sense of humour could enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

wow. Just wow. When i thought this couldn't get any more awful, they managed it.

The only highlight would be T'ealc in the vagina monologues, but other than that it took everything thats wrong with Sg1 these days and condensed it into one lump of suck.

I swear if this wasn't the end of the show, i'd stop watching, right now it's train wreck TV. If i could, i'd score it in minus numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

boo, hiss, i dont care about vala's father, or landry's ex-wife, the next two episodes better be pretty damn good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

kdouglas wrote:
    boo, hiss, i dont care about vala's father, or landry's ex-wife, the next two episodes better be pretty damn good

I'd like to say it would improve also, but if you were a betting man, you'd have to say it will more than likely be sh1te :(

The fact that I can't stand Landry or Vala made this episode even worse than usual :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Sweet jebus. how bad was that episode. don't mean to come off like comic book store guy but "Worst Episode Ever".... absolutely terrible. Terrible terrible. The Teal'c bit at the end was funny but out of character and looked tacked on. End NOW already. Last 2 seasons: Waste of ball scratching time. And don't get me started on SG: Atlantic-homecare (All characters made of wood)........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I thought Jaseck was kinda funny...and the start wasn't so bad. Maybe if they had focused more on the cargo ship plot....oh who am I kidding?!?! TERRIBLE!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

:eek: Seriously thats the best story line the script writers could come up with? Absolute rubbish. I mean the last ori episode saw another load of ships coming through the super gate ffs show us something about that!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Pretty crap no?

Have recently seen "For Your Consideration", so that made it even harder to take Vala's father seriously. I mean why was he allowed wander around so easily, with his history, when Teal'c had to live on base for years? Ankle monitor is sufficient?! And he adapted waaay too fast to earth - filming an ad?

And this episode takes place over three weeks (or so)? Hmm is there anything else that SG1 might have wanted to focus their attentions during this time? Or I stupid?

Weak, weak, weak. Only highlights were them dissing SciFi and Teal'c at "The Vagina Monologues"...

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote:
    Teal'c at "The Vagina Monologues"...
    Even that was run into the ground! Should have ended sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Awful.. I started playing Civ 4 about halfway through I was that bored of this episode so I didn't really watch the end to be honest. Wasn't helped by the fact that there's reruns earlier on too which only serve to illustrate how good SG1 used to be.

After the last few episodes, it looks to me that rather than try and give the show/fans a great last season, the producers/writers are taking the money and running! At least DS9 did it right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

^ ah DS9...bless them.

I would've given this negative numbers but I can't remember the last time I lol'd watching this show. Thanks Teal'c; you took the worst script in 10 years and did your best to save it. But even the greatest Jaffa warrior in 3 galaxies couldn't save this episode. For the heroic effort though, I gave this an unwarranted 1/10.

I can't believe the writers are doing this: when they decided to bring us back from the brink of Moebius they did it with a bit of promise.....thats all gone now. I hope they go back in time in Continuum if only to erase the last 2 seasons of SG1 and leave us to fish in our empty pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Possibley the worst ep of anything I've ever seen EVER

-50/10

"Hay guyz, lets take everything the fans really hate about the show and put it all in one eposide! Stick in vaginas too! lolz"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

pure crap

i mean srsly, what a bad episode.

but then again, if they had've know this was the last ever series this time last year, they probably would've made more of an effort to make the final few episodes great.

Keep in mind that 90% of the season was in production when they got cancelled, I'm sure if they knew they wouldn't have bothered with episodes like this.

i don't think thats right, they usually begin filming in March, they were canceled in july iirc, so all the writing and most of filming was finished.

From what I've read elsewhere, only the final 2 episodes could have been changed in anyway. All the others were past writing stage when they got the announcement.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Romo

People seem to be down after this episode. So here's a little picture (well a big picture) of Miss Tapping to lift the mood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

ixoy wrote:
    From what I've read elsewhere, only the final 2 episodes could have been changed in anyway. All the others were past writing stage when they got the announcement.

So, unsurprisingly, this was the last ep the execs would have read before deciding to cancel the show. who'd a thunk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

^ Doom has an excellent point.

Good point Doom. If I was an exec, and wasn't sure about the show's future, I might have decided to glance at the latest script to help me make up my mind. If I saw "Family Ties" there, I think I might have had my decision made for me rather quickly...

they are repeating season 7 right now, and wow what a difference.

was just watching Heroes part 2 (Frasier leaves us :'( ... ) and just overall quality is so much higher, the battle between the Jaffa and SG teams was so much more realistic and grittier, compared to the lack of any action we got this series.

I mean, we have literally seen sg1 fighting ori troops on 3 or 4 occassions, it sucks...

Let the show end, so that hopefully they make 2 class movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

only got half way through this one and thought to myself uuuuugh what absolute tripe.

but then there was vagina vagina vagina out of fcukin nowhere bowrofl.gif saved the episode from a horrible death tbh

Teal'c is the man

Advertisement