Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone Explain?

Options
  • 27-02-2007 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

When I saw this at first I thought that I was seeing things, but I looked at it again, and I realised its true. http://www.whatcar.com/news-article.aspx?NA=224307

What I'm particularly fascinated is why oh why would VW bring out the estate version when the hatch is being replaced next year?
    Surely it would have made more sense to wait another 6-12 months and bring out the estate version then(which would be based on the new version(MK6))?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

They should really badge it the Jetta estate. Makes more sense. They estate is more closely related to the saloon jetta than hatchback golf.
    It just looks like a passat estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

The Golf is a bigger seller, maybe? A Golf estate might be more attractive to Mrs Suburbia than a Jetta Estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Estates are so 90's. Mini MPV's are where it's at. A new Touran with a more clever seating system and maybe a spare wheel would have been a better use of their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The MkIII Golf estate still sold along side the MkIV Golf hatch for at least 12 months. The same can be said for the MkIV Golf estate, they were still sold until 2005 when the Golf Plus was supposed to do away with the need for a Golf estate. Didn't quite work out that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It is being badged as a Jetta in the US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There was a Golf mk4 and Bora estate, just different headlights

D99_6235b.jpg
    VW%20Golf%20Variant%20BiFuel.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It's not just the headlights that are different. It's the whole front end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I can sum it up in one word why they needed it: Reps.

Esp on the continent, all manner of people buy estates as co cars. Huge market, not going to go away. I was one, and I had a Golf Plus, but it's no substitute...........the floor in the Plus is useless.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

to answer your initial question youngfella

VW are releasing an estate version at the tail end of their production run as it gives them something to do with all the leftover MK V golf bits as soon as they start making the MK VI, lots of car companies do similar kinds a things

Advertisement