Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving router log to NAS

Options
  • 27-02-2007 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to save my router log (a linksys) to a nas attatched to my local network ? I know I can use logger software installed on a pc, but this generally requires the pc to be turned on, and even then will only log to the pc hard drive and not my NAS.

I am looking to run a server of my BB long term (very low traffic, just for my own use for home automation stuff etc), but want to be able to log what is happening with regards people trying to get into my network from outside etc.

Wexfordman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

If your nas has a syslog daemon that can be configured to log messages from remote hosts (a feature you might see in a nas that runs Linux), it is possible.

Advertisement