Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Deepforde

Options
  • 27-02-2007 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

:confused::confused::confused:

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help me?

I am moving to Deepforde in Drogheda and am wondering if you can get broadband in the estate?

My friend has already said that he thinks there may be problems with the exchange in that end of the town...

Have BT so need the access through the phone line, not interested in the "broadband in a box" providers...

Hope someone can help me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Five Oaks have it but there are problems in Grange Rath. Your in between so could go either way. Check your line here and see if it passes maybe? http://www.eircom.ie/cgi-bin/bvsm/bveircom/prequalPopUpForm.jsp?SITE=RES&PROMO=0&BV_SessionID=@@@@0337683612.1172601632@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdaddkfgkgeglcefeceiedffndffj.0

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

I think what Midlouth means is that he is about to move into Deepforde and is wondering if anyone in the estate currently has DSL Broadband from BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MidLoud

cerbeus wrote:
    I think what Midlouth means is that he is about to move into Deepforde and is wondering if anyone in the estate currently has DSL Broadband from BT.

Thanks cerbeus, that is exactly it... Don't want to request a new line for the new house if it won't be DSL enabled :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Do a search in the North East forum for Deepforde There is one or two people on Boards living there so maybe send them a PM and see if they can answer your question? If I hear anything I'll let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MidLoud

Thanks Dingatron, will try that and thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dub in Louth

Hi,

I have lived in Deepforde since last September and i am still waiting for a phone line. I originally applied for a line from BT, but they said that Eircom were holding them back on the line. So i cancelled and went with Eircom in January. I am still waiting for a line.

Very frustrating not having a phone or Broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

So, Dub in Louth, why not try a crowd like DigiWeb who give you wireless broadband with a phone (without needing a phone line) for around 35 quid a month..?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Didgweb dont offer Metro service in that area of Drogheda, they offer the more "expensive" wireless only package. I currently use it, or should I say attempt to use it, pay for the business package, its has degraded big time. Fed up with contacting Digiweb, I am going to get rid of it at end of contract. I would hold off until Eircom/BT arrive.

I am in Grange Rath. I noticed to new panels being installed next to the Eircom panel at entrance to Grange Rath in last week. It maybe for the new shoppinb development.

Its a total joke they can build these huge estate without what I would consider a basic utility in 2007.

Is Deepforde not in Meath???? (Dub_in_Louth) the county boundary is right by the estate, I know all the estates going down as far as Brymanstown are in Co.Metah

Hi All,

I have just phoned Eircom, and they told me that my phone line will not be installed until October 2007!!!!!

They said there is alot of work to be done in the estate before they go near the phones.

This is crazy as my girlfriend is english and has to use her mobile to phone home....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Can I just say that the idea that a load of work has to be done before they do phones is bullcrap, unless it's work on eircom's side. A delay of that kind often means yet another subexchange, most likely with no provision for DSL. That kind of delay is something local politicians, the Drogheda Indo (at least) and Comreg should be told about.

It's an election year, the people in Deepforde should use that to their advantage.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I have just had Irish Broadband Breeze 2MB installed and it is working fine - very fast. Also getting there talk package next week, so i will be telling Eircom were they can stick their phone line:mad:

Very happy with Irish Broadband. Installed within a week of first phoning them and their customer service seems to be very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Mylow wrote:
    Didgweb dont offer Metro service in that area of Drogheda, they offer the more "expensive" wireless only package. I currently use it, or should I say attempt to use it, pay for the business package, its has degraded big time. Fed up with contacting Digiweb, I am going to get rid of it at end of contract. I would hold off until Eircom/BT arrive.

I am in Grange Rath. I noticed to new panels being installed next to the Eircom panel at entrance to Grange Rath in last week. It maybe for the new shoppinb development.

Its a total joke they can build these huge estate without what I would consider a basic utility in 2007.

Is Deepforde not in Meath???? (Dub_in_Louth) the county boundary is right by the estate, I know all the estates going down as far as Brymanstown are in Co.Metah

Don't touch Digiweb with a barge pole. All promises & crap service. At the end of it you're still left with a stupid little box stuck on your roof.

Advertisement