Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow County Champs

Options
  • 27-02-2007 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

I think its on the 3rd but im not sure. Does anyone else know and what format is it ?

Somone else might know what im on about and i hope they will fill me in.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

It's on in the Dolmen Hotel on the 3rd in Dolmen Hotel and the 4th in Wynn's Hotel in Dublin. Registration starts at 10 and the tournament begins at 11. Format is 2-headed giant sealed. Cost is €30 for team, that gets you a time spiral starter, 1 time spiral booster and 3 planar chaos boosters from which to make 2 decks. You'd also better read the updated 2HG rules if you intend to go, and make sure you have a partner for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Don't have a partner and im not that intrested in 2HG.

Thanks for the info Mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kehoejck

Theres an extended format tournament in Waterford on the 10th March 2007 in the Quality Hotel, Canada Quay,Waterford. Reg: 12 Starts: 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Kehoejck wrote:
    Theres an extended format tournament in Waterford on the 10th March 2007 in the Quality Hotel, Canada Quay,Waterford. Reg: 12 Starts: 1

Yep im going to that one, closer to home :P

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kehoejck

Should be a good day so if anyone is hoping to come down from other counties just post here and I can post up directions/bus time/train times etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Marshall Zhukov

3rd of which month? I'm hoping to head up, but how does it work? Does each team who shows up play against each other or is it just each team from a specific county. Sorry for my ignorence.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Well it's a bit late now, but you just bring someone along and you can enter, anyone can go.

For anyone who's interested, 8 teams showed up (possibly due to horrific weather)

Competition was tough, me and my teammate just managed to make the cut to top 4 2hg draft (which is unbelievable fun), netting ourselves a pair of full art foil groundbreakers.

Draft was awesome, had a B/G deck featuring Gaea's anthem, tonnes of removal and very solid beaters, and a U/R bomb deck featuring Torchling, Chronozoa, Bogardan Hellkite. Won the semis easily and won the final at a nail-biting finish which saw us with one turn left to go and me ripping the last land i needed to cast the hellkite and aim it at our opponent's heads for the win. Awesome day.

Advertisement