Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech G15 Keyboard

Options
  • 27-02-2007 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Lads, anybody have this keyboard (http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=314409) currently?

Couple of questions are there Vista Drivers for this Keyboard had a look on the website but couldn't seem to find any.

Is there any plans for Vista Drivers, expecially 64 bit drivers?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I have the keyboard. You don't need a driver as such. To drive the LCD screen, you can use a freeware app called LCD Studio. No doubt there will be a Vista upgrade soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Cheers man i think ill get one so!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Just bear in mind the one Komplett sells is US layout, so your @ " and \ will all be in the wrong location. I made this mistake, but corrected it using a free app from Microsoft to generate my own keymap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Unless you're a WoW player it's really not worth the money..sure the blue light's are fancy but there's very little apps out there for the lcd gameswise so not really a benefit.

Not really a WoW head...

Can any one make a recommendation of a similar or better keyboard?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Keyboards a keyboard, they all do the exact same thing bar a few extra buttons on some.

Well i know that much, but i was looking for a decent one with a good back lit function and media keys maybe a few other extras!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

the backlights are great when you've the lights off and dont want to be searching and waiting for your eyes to focus

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Playing in the pitch dark is neither safe nor normal :p , get a bloody light, your eyes will thank you in later life.
    If you must get one though those saitek ones are supposed to be good: http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/gamerskey.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

I have one:

Looks great.
    Works great.
    Backlights are great.
    LCD is fun to mess with.
    USB ports are handy but only USB 1.1.

Havent used the G keys much at all.
    Keyboard is noisy and I don't find it comfortable to type on.
    In hindsight I would have went with something else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement