Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless mouse - recharagable batteries?

Options
  • 27-02-2007 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭

I have a bluetooth wireless mouse for my desktop, works great. The AA rechargable batteries that came with it became useless about a year ago so I threw them out. I've been using Duracell since but they don't last very long. I went to get some new recharagable batteries but I noticed that they come in different levels of mAH. Now I can't remember what the original batteries were or does this matter? I would be recharging them in the orginal mouse docking station.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

It does matter. mAH = milliAmp Hours = how many hours they can give out a milliAmp of current at the given voltate = how long they last.

If you're charging in the original docking station, you need to get the right type too, nimh or nicad don't necessarily like each others chargers (this may be why the duracell were crap). I'd suggest checking the manufacturers website for the battery type.

You can get very high mAH batteries on ebay (much better than you'd get in your local shop). Check the voltage though. Most AA sized rechargables run at 1.2V, which some electronics don't like (the wii controler for example AFAIK).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Khannie wrote:
    It does matter. mAH = milliAmp Hours = how many hours they can give out a milliAmp of current at the given voltate = how long they last.

If you're charging in the original docking station, you need to get the right type too, nimh or nicad don't necessarily like each others chargers (this may be why the duracell were crap). I'd suggest checking the manufacturers website for the battery type.

You can get very high mAH batteries on ebay (much better than you'd get in your local shop). Check the voltage though. Most AA sized rechargables run at 1.2V, which some electronics don't like (the wii controler for example AFAIK).

Thanks Khannie, didn't realise there was so much to a set of batteries :eek: Found out that the batteries that came with my mouse are 1800 mAh NiMH. There was no mention of voltage though. Would I risk damaging the mouse by going with 1.2V batteries if they were not the right voltage?

Edit: Just saw a review where there was a pic of the batteries, so that's that sorted! 1.2 v 1800 mAH NiMH are the batteries that came with it! Is it ok to get larger mAH batteries, I see some at 2500 mAH?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

1800mah batteries are grand, but the 2500 ones will obviously go that bit further. :) It's up to yourself. If you can find branded 1800mah ones, they should be just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Thanks, much appreciated!

Advertisement