Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyway out of paying for bank statements

Options
  • 27-02-2007 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Any advice welcomed please.....

I'm applying for a mortgage and follwoing a big clear out of the house I shredded my most up to date bank statements

My bank is charging €1.50 per page to reissue. I told them that its for a mortgage and if they want a crack at the business to do it for free but their sticking to their guns.

Long story short I will move my current account once all the pain is over but in the meantime is there anyway I can avoid these charges? 6 months statements is a lot of paper!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'm not sure, you could get statements sent out less frequently perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Are you registered for online banking? Most banks (well, AIB, BoI and NIB anyway) allow you to access statements for the previous 12 months...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

peckerhead wrote:
    Are you registered for online banking? Most banks (well, AIB, BoI and NIB anyway) allow you to access statements for the previous 12 months...
    For a mortgage I believe you need original statements rather than printouts from online banking or photocopys, so I'm told by a guy at work who applied for one recently.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Afraid not. I think you've learned a lesson here - don't jump the gun. While there may be a point in the concept that they should perhaps be a bit nicer if they're traying to get your business for a mortgage, you could equally say why should they put the time and effort in to assemble replacements for something you got rid of in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Depending which bank your with.
    I've found that my clients are generally able to go into their branch and get them printed off by customer services.
    Once they are stamped by the branch, show your name, account number and sort code, most lenders would accept them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

Thanks for all the advice

Finally got them for free when the realised I wouldn't entertain them for the mortgage

Advertisement