Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't delete printer

Options
  • 27-02-2007 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

I installed a new HP Deskjet F380 earlier in the week and it worked fine. The next time I went to use it, it wouldn't work. The printer was 'offline', Eventually I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. (I also removed all traces from programme files and from the start menu)

It worked fine the first time but a few hours later I went to use it again and again it was 'offline'.

I checked the HP site and it says if printer is connected via a power surge this can happen when printer is awoken from being idle. They advise to connect direct to power. If this fails uninstall & install.

I did this and still nothing. I began uninstalling again. This time not so easy.

When I go to add/remove programmes all of the programmes are there:

HP Document Viewer 5.3
    HP Customer Participation Programme
    HP Image Zone
    HP Imaging Device Functions
    HP PSC & Office Jet 5.3.B
    Hp Solution Centre

I have clicked on remove (as I did previously) the only response is a slight flicker on every one of the above. i am unable to remove the printer. I have no printer now.

I aslo tried a system restore but that didn't sort the problem either.

Can anyone tell me how I can remove these files, Please as I need to get the printer connected as soon as possible as there is a heap of documents waiting to be printed.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

O_ó

What I'd do is forget about trying to uninstall the bundled software, leave everything installed... if some essential things are missing, reinstall them.
    This whole course of action seems pointless IMO... I gather it didn't work the first time... I don't expect it'll work the second time.

A simple thing to try is power the printer off and on... and/or unplug it from the USB port, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.

And/or open devicemanager (start > run > devmgmt.msc), select the printer and (right-click) 'uninstall' it from there... reboot windows and allow it to be picked up again.

Ideally you don't want to have to do this every time you want to use the printer... but as a short-term thing to try, I'd start there.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Thanks for the reply. I had a look at what you suggested but there was no mention of a printer, I must have already deleted it.

I tried 1 last time to reinstall the printer & this time it worked. I managed to print a couple of pages.

i'll see how long it lasts, think I'll take it back and get a replacement.

thanks for the help

Advertisement