Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet Jebus! Is This Real?..... Dublin?!?

Options
  • 26-02-2007 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

So on a google adventure in work today (Ah stresses of an IT guy lol) I came accross this! I couldnt believe my eyes!!! :eek:

Is it real? :confused:
    If so, How come i'm only hearing bout it now lol :)
    I been living under a rock or something :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSLNBOphpE

BTW Mods, I know its YouTube link but its not a stupid joke or anything, genuine info thing i want everyone too see and get these opinions on, :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

not real. viral marketing campaign for some real estate website, cant remember which it was.

good tho..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nope, it t'aint real. Threads like these ones were plentiful a few months ago and caused a bit o' fuss.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Haha Better than Dubai!

The giraffe-only zoo, brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Awwwww......I wanted to move there! Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,724 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

it almost sounded real...then they went on about submarines and giraffe-only zoos....

shamrock idea holds merit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Quick search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Absolutely no reason why this couldn't be built to be honest. What about the palm islands in Dubai !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"Ready in just three years"

"Howth 2 - An exact replica of Howth on the southside"

OP - you weren;t really taking in by that were you?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

to be fair, a lot of people fell for it when it first surfaced

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Ikky Poo2 wrote:

They wont even manage to get Lansdowne ready in 3 years, what chance an island?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Ikky Poo2 wrote:
    If they hadn't said that it could have been an awesome hoax!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nightfox

Jesus H Christ why a shamrock????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Its fake advertising to attrack polish.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

40million tons to cover an island that big...ur joking!

and in three years? presuming that they'll need to have the island shaped in 1yr, if the building takes two years...

40million tonnes of material on an unsteady surface, to be laid and shaped in a year? Good Hoax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Mossy Monk wrote:
    to be fair, a lot of people fell for it when it first surfaced
    This is true.

Great advertising/marketing ploy though, really did its job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

In fairness it looks well done. Though eh... having ultra bright green lights to outline the shape of a shamrock that can be seen from space.. well thats hardly very green at all :D

Before it started playing i thought it was going to be a promo for the proposed move of the port to Balbriggan and the reclamation of all that land which would double the city centre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

If you need to ask if that's real, get off teh internets, you won't survive. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

BopNiblets wrote:
    If you need to ask if that's real, get off teh internets, you won't survive. :p

Seriously.

Anyone who even considered that that might be a possibility should just remove themselves from the genepool...or contact me about real beach front property I have for sale in cavan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

KTRIC wrote:
    Absolutely no reason why this couldn't be built to be honest.

In Dubai they have rich rich princes who decide to take it upon themselves to create new wonders. In Ireland we have an incompetent government that wastes money at every turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Its a viral for Funda.ie if im not mistaken. Probably the best viral to come out of this country. I emailed them when it originally came up just telling them it was hilarious and got a kind of a nod and a wink back from them. Very good. they even put ads in the papers about it and a fake planning application to back it up. Very clever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement