Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

looking for a auto electrician

Options
  • 26-02-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I;m looking for an auto electrician to fit under car neons for my girlfriends car, The car is a Citroen C1

There are 4 in total, it's a brand new kit with all the leads and control boxes.

Please PM me with price and when you can do it. I'm based in the south side,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Most mechanics should be able to do this. Wiring is the easy part - mounting them may be slightly more difficult. It should be a DIY job if you know the basics - just be sure that use the correct fuses and/or relays - any existing circuit should not be overloaded. Personally I'd recommend using a relay (depending on the wattage of the neons).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

crosstownk wrote:
    Most mechanics should be able to do this. Wiring is the easy part - mounting them may be slightly more difficult. It should be a DIY job if you know the basics - just be sure that use the correct fuses and/or relays - any existing circuit should not be overloaded. Personally I'd recommend using a relay (depending on the wattage of the neons).

I took them to my mate who is a mechanic and he said he wouldn't do them because of the ECU in the car, if anything happened to it the electrics would fek up and it would cost loads to fix.. he said an auto electrician would be able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭milltown

NeVeR wrote:
    I took them to my mate who is a mechanic and he said he wouldn't do them because of the ECU in the car, if anything happened to it the electrics would fek up and it would cost loads to fix.. he said an auto electrician would be able to do it.

That's not the first reason not to do it that sprung to my mind!

Well milltown what was yours? lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

goto www.mdsireland.ie and give them a ring and see if they will do it for you!!
    If not goto www.besecure2000.ie and ring them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

NeVeR wrote:
    Well milltown what was yours? lol
    At a guess i'd say milltown was thinking it'll make your girlfriend look ... eh, not great.:)

Anan1 wrote:
    At a guess i'd say milltown was thinking it'll make your girlfriend look ... eh, not great.:)

Ah they would. She has it all done up with DVD screens. Inside all done up.

She really wants them so I have to get them done. thanks Jonny i'll try them

www.mdsireland.ie are in sweden ????

and besecure2000 wont do for insurance reasons.

thanks tho.

I'm still looking.

does anyone on boards.ie install these or have a friend that would be able to do it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

NeVeR wrote:
    does anyone on boards.ie install these or have a friend that would be able to do it ?
    Nobody can. It's a blessing in disguise. Thank us for it.

• Advertisement

MAYPOP wrote:
    Nobody can. It's a blessing in disguise. Thank us for it.

If you nothing helpful to say dont say anything at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

ok

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

NeVeR wrote:

A few people here would do it but for insurance purposes they won't actaully do it cos they will have to pay out big money if they do anything wrong!!

www.suped.ie used to do these but they are now closed down.

pop a post up on www.manic-motorz.com and I will guarantee you get sorted in no time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

NeVeR wrote:

Thats a load of bull, he just doesn't want to be bothered. It's not that hard to do. I could do it myself fairly easy but don't have the time or need the money. Try calling an car audio store and get one of their guys to do it for you either through the shop or after work as a nixer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Dont know anywhere on the south-side, but you couild try pro-parts in Marino, or an electrician I recommend: Les Fitzsimons in Cloghran

Advertisement