Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4:3 TV picture

Options
  • 26-02-2007 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Anyone else find the lines on the sides of the screen really annoying (on a wide-screen telly) ? Was for France v Wales the other night... and a few of the European cup matches... Fair enough if that's all they transmit, but just broadcast it like a normal programme and give us the option of whether we want 16:9 with squashed faces or lines at the side... It seems to be only rugby matches that do this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

One of the spanish football matches, think it was Barce, was the same. Some european couuntries holding out on widescreen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Yeah but if you watch any other programme that isn't widescreen, it's still fills the screen, but you get to choose (using the settings on the telly) whether you want to lose the top and bottom, squash it slightly or have it with the lines either side. I'd much prefer one of the first two... defeats the purpose of having a decent sized telly if they shrink the picture for you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

But stretchyvision is no way to watch sport! I appreciate that you should be able to have the choice, but to be fair the rest of the programme was in widescreen so switching about with the ratios would have been awkward, especially when breaking away from the analysis.

In this day and age though, you'd have thought the match would be 16:9. They better not do the WC in 4:3... although I expect TV3 will carry it that way regardless :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

But stretchyvision is no way to watch sport!
    Yes everyone is fatter but they can run faster! To be honest I usually switch to miss the top and bottom of the screen, and flick back if I want to check the score... But maybe you're right about them having to switch back and forth...

• Advertisement
Advertisement