Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spyware Problem!

Options
  • 26-02-2007 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

hi guys,

i'm having trouble deleting spyware off my pc. i mean everytime i run spybot, it finds and fixes the problems.however everytime you restart the computer they are still there.

i'v run AVG as well as adware and they can't pick them up.

is there some registry editor that could fix this for me or would i just have to delete them off the registry myself using the location spybot gives me when it finds the problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Zoltar1

fatjose101 wrote:
    hi guys,

i'm having trouble deleting spyware off my pc. i mean everytime i run spybot, it finds and fixes the problems.however everytime you restart the computer they are still there.

i'v run AVG as well as adware and they can't pick them up.

is there some registry editor that could fix this for me or would i just have to delete them off the registry myself using the location spybot gives me when it finds the problem?

I wouldn't recommend using a registry editor ever!!
    Copy the exact name of the thing that spybot cannot delete into google in inverted commas like so....

how to remove "whateverthethingspybotcannotremove"

...... then see if you can find some instructions on how to remove it.

Perhaps try Adaware from lavasoft...
    http://dw.com.com/redir?pid=10639408&merid=69274&mfgid=69274&ltype=dl_dlnow&lop=link&edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3040-8022_4-10639408&ontId=8022_4&dlrs=1&destUrl=http://www.download.com%2F3001-8022_4-10639408.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭topher182

i use AVG spyware remover which is great i suggest u try that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Run Hijack this & post the log file as an attachment.

Hijack this shows what's loading at startup it may be something is running in the background & healing the spyware.

Enable the resident Tea Timer for Spybot as well so it can try and stop spyware loading itself, this is a good way to stop some spyware from healing itself after spybot removes some of it.

I would also recommend installing Windows Defender and do scans with that as well.

Advertisement