Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookmarks On Toolbar Gone but not from Bookmarks menu ?

Options
  • 26-02-2007 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I just noticed all my bookmarks are gone from my toolbar (Firefox btw) but they can still be found in the bookmarks menu :confused:

I used to be able to brag a tab to the toolbar as well and it bookmarked it but htat has also gone?

Dodgy update? Anyone any idea's?

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Click on View --> Toolbars --> Booksmarks Toolbar.

That should add another the toolbar containing all your bookmarks already in your bookmarks folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

ethernet wrote:
    Click on View --> Toolbars --> Booksmarks Toolbar.

That should add another the toolbar containing all your bookmarks already in your bookmarks folder.
    The folder is there, has always been there to, only its not showing my bookmark in the toolbar:confused:

So, let me get this right, the bookmarks are still under Bookmarks --> Bookmarks Toolbar Folder. But they're not displayed as a toolbar even after clicking View --> Toolbars --> Booksmarks Toolbar?

Perhaps you have a dodgy Firefox directory for your preferences. What version are you running?

ethernet wrote:
    So, let me get this right, the bookmarks are still under Bookmarks --> Bookmarks Toolbar Folder. But they're not displayed as a toolbar even after clicking View --> Toolbars --> Booksmarks Toolbar?

Perhaps you have a dodgy Firefox directory for your preferences. What version are you running?
    Thats right, the toolbar is there but completly blank and i can drag tabs to it to bookmark them either.

I' running 2.0.0.1 but thats because i un-installed and reinstalled it, the un-installed version was the 2.0.0.2 version.

Do just delete the folder under docs & settings>Application Data>Firefox to get a clean profile? Or does someone know a fix so i dont loose all my extensions and bookmarks etc?

If you're lucky, doing a system restore to a recent time may get you out of a spot.

A clean install might be the best solution in the long-term.

If you're running XP, copy your bookmarks beforehand. I'd suggest you copy this folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows login/user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<Profile name>\

Hopefully a clean install of version 2.0.0.2 will solve things, even if you have to install add-ons again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is there two folders called Bookmarks Toolbar? This might happen if you did a recent upgrade (such as 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.2). If so, move the bookmarks from one folder to the other, and you can safely delete the other one then.

Just one bokmarks toolbar folder, there was another bookmarks one but i renamed that.

I'll prob clear the profile and reinstall over the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Every so often my Firefox bookmarks disappear after a browser crash. I just reload them from a backup file I keep. I wonder is it related to you problem?

I had to reformat a good few months ago and, of couse, lost bookmarks along with other stuff.

I'm now using Google Browser Sync with Firefox. It syncs the pages I visit, cookies, bookmarks, form data, etc. with Google's servers. You are given the option to encrypt your data. I dual boot between a RC of Vista and SuSE Linux and it really comes in handy.

Advertisement