Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crap days surfing

Options
  • 26-02-2007 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭

Today was the worst days surfing ever. I couldnt even get outside. Every time I duck dived I got thrown back to shore. I was paddling like an old woman. The rip kept dragging me downshore. It was pathetic. After an hour I said **** it and headed back to shore.

I didn't even try and catch any waves. I crawled out of the water with my head hung in shame. I just had to tell someone about it cos it was so sad.
    :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Dont you be giving up now, just gotta get back out there. Try work out a bit or something and get a bit more fit, arms need to be up for a paddle.
    Should try paddel out with a bodyboard :D, they're much easier because you have fins, and a lot more fun ;p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Sounds like the conditions were bad, not you. At least you got wet, I brought by board for a scenic drive around the coast of Dublin. Not a ripple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Lahinch was crap last weekend too, conditions were pretty much as you described. It was like being in a washing machine, and all the waves were huge, useless and mushy. All of those are technical ways of describing waves, right? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Its been like this for ages now. I can't wait for a nice small spring swell. Got a new board and I haven't had a chance to really bond with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

It's always the same when you get a new board :) Nothing you can do about it eh?

To the OP, at least you paddled out and got wet right? The bad days make you appreciate the good days that bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

I agree, wouldn't change it for the world

Advertisement