Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Printer Advice Please

Options
  • 25-02-2007 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a new inkjet printer. I was looking at the HP 3180 today for €75 in PCWORLD. ITs a Printer/Scanner /Copier all in one with memory card readers. BUT the ink cartridges are only 5ml as are the replacements. a little small IMO.
    Anyone got any advice on a printer with a little more economics regarding ink?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah see this is how they make their money on the €75 printer ;)
    I'm not fully up to speed on what's hot in printers right now, but if you search for something like 'running costs' or 'cost of ownership' along with what ever other printer terms you're using I'd say you'll find some good articles/reviews/comparisons on it.
    It's a pain in the arse alright, manufacturer-brand ink replacements can be costly... personally I buy the cheapo off-brand cartriges... if you shop around you can reduce your running costs by quite a bit.
    You might look into getting a laser printer, although more expensive upfront, I hear they're cheaper to upkeep in the long run... but I don't know if they're that great for photos, etc.
    I suppose it depends on your needs.

At the risk of being completely unhelpful I'd suggest reading tons and tons of reviews, its time consuming, but if you know your budget you can generally find what you're looking for pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Yeah see this is how they make their money on the €75 printer ;)
    I'm not fully up to speed on what's hot in printers right now, but if you search for something like 'running costs' or 'cost of ownership' along with what ever other printer terms you're using I'd say you'll find some good articles/reviews/comparisons on it.
    It's a pain in the arse alright, manufacturer-brand ink replacements can be costly... personally I buy the cheapo off-brand cartriges... if you shop around you can reduce your running costs by quite a bit.
    You might look into getting a laser printer, although more expensive upfront, I hear they're cheaper to upkeep in the long run... but I don't know if they're that great for photos, etc.
    I suppose it depends on your needs.

At the risk of being completely unhelpful I'd suggest reading tons and tons of reviews, its time consuming, but if you know your budget you can generally find what you're looking for pretty quickly.

Thanks

Advertisement