Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer advice

Options
  • 25-02-2007 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a quality colour laserjet that will handle printing on card. Card diminsions will vary, mostly A5. 500 to 1000 prints per week. Any suggestion as to what I could look at? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Have a look at the HP 3600n colour laser. This can be networked also.

Of course, you can get cheaper. But make sure you can replace the colour drums individually and not have to replace a multi-coloured one instead even when, for example, you're only out of magenta and still have lots of cyan and yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks ethernet. Lasers look to have come way down in price. Can't seem to find anything that specifically states CARD under MEDIA TYPE... maybe with a max mm thickness or a max mg weight spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

shayser wrote:
    Thanks ethernet. Lasers look to have come way down in price. Can't seem to find anything that specifically states CARD under MEDIA TYPE... maybe with a max mm thickness or a max mg weight spec.
    I found more info on this laser printer on HP's website. It mentions "cardstock" -- I don't know if this is card.

The tray that comes with the printer can hold sheets up to 220 g/m2.

Advertisement