Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc And Printer As Fax Machine?

Options
  • 25-02-2007 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey
    Before i do a google on this subject i'd like a little feedback from someone who has used fax software. Paypal have closed my account for no apparent reason and want me to fax i'd details. I dont have a fax machine as such and don't want to run around looking for one. I do have an Epson printer, scanner photocopy set up and would like to know if with the proper software can i set this up to send and receive faxes? If this question is a little lame and outdated im sorry...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

Just one thing on this though is that you do know that faxing can only be done via a dialup phone line so make sure you have a dialup modem to do so .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

chopster wrote:
    Just one thing on this though is that you do know that faxing can only be done via a dialup phone line so make sure you have a dialup modem to do so .
    True. Most multi-functional devices [MFDs/all-in-one jobs] allow you to send faxes using its inbuilt modem. But I don't think the OP has such a device.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There are web-based services that allow you to send and receive fax (efax.com for example), but I don't know of any that are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Advertisement