Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who decides Man of the Match?

Options
  • 25-02-2007 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

We hear about man of the match with every Six Nations match, but who actually decides it? Sometimes it appears to be the TV commentator, other times not. any ideas? Great match yesterday but beating the French remains an issue me thinks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I always thought it was the home broadcaster (so RTE for Irish home games, BBC in UK etc.) but yesterday it seemed like it wasn't RTE's decision... So i don't know..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

BBC did it yesterday, I cant remember which match it was for ,although i dont think it was for teh Ireland - England match.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

I always thought that it was the commentator of the home broadcasting channel. But yesterday it seemed that they were told it was POC by some external source and that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Sorry didn't mean to cause confusion. I just felt POC deserved it so I told them (them = croke park) to give it to him.

will involve rte next time. My bad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Think it has to do with sponsorship and broadcasting rights e.g. RBS 6 nations man of the match.

It usually is the home broadcaster, might have been BBC on Saturday because they were doing the filming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement