Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem downloading Skype

Options
  • 25-02-2007 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi. Can anyone help me please? I am having trouble downloading Skype.
    Every time I try, I get a message telling me that the files are corrupt. I have purged my files, changed destinations and tried about 5 times. Still to no avail. Still don't have broadband available where I live :mad: so I was wondering if this is why? Because I still have only dial up?
    I would really appreciate any advice.
    Earth Mother

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

does your system meet the system requirements?
    System requirements
    PC running Windows 2000 or XP. (Windows 2000 users require DirectX 9.0 for video calls).
    Internet connection (broadband is best, GPRS is not supported for voice calls, and results may vary on a satellite connection).
    Speakers and microphone - built-in or separate.
    To make video calls you’ll need a computer with at least a 1GHz processor, 256 MB RAM and of course a webcam.
    We also recommend that you have at least a 400 MHz processor, 128 MB RAM and 15 MB free disk space on your hard drive.
    over dialup, skype might struggle with the slow connection speed

Advertisement