Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Warning Light?

Options
  • 25-02-2007 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the two warning lights below mean... They appear on my fathers Audi A4 (03 130bhp) and he did not receive a manual with it.

The orange light to the left of the picture remains solid, and the orange light to the right flashes.

Thanks for the help :)

image0101mf4.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

thos pictures aren't showing up...can you try again?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The left warning light looks like the ASC (traction control) warning light on my BMW.
    The other one looks like a glow plug light - is the car a diesel?

Google for a manual - ebay should have loads! I found this also but didn't click it in case it was huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

kbannons answer sounds about right. I'll have a look at me mates one tomorrow and see what his manual shows up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

accordin to my manual the one on the right "If glow plug indicator should start flashing when vehicle is running.. ... fault in engine managment system, vehicle should be serviced with out delay"

Other one, slightly different in my A4. But if continualy lights it indicates a fault in traction control
    Garage time i think....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

As an A4 driver I can tell you that the left one is the traction control off light.This comes on when you switch off the traction control.Has he it switched off by any chance?The swith is near the hazard lights.The other one is the glow plug light for a diesel model and only comes on before you start the car ands switches off immediately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

As the Doktor orders, if the glowplug flashes when the car is running it is sick and crying out for potentially expensive attention.

Advertisement