Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trading in my car, help please

Options
  • 25-02-2007 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi there,
    i currently own a '00 renault clio 1.2 it has 69,000 miles and i nct'd last summer. i was wandering what kind of trade-in money i should get for it off a dealer, because then i could work out a budget for a newer car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

byrnemx wrote:
    Hi there,
    i currently own a '00 renault clio 1.2 (a bit crappy i know), it has 69,000 miles and i nct'd last summer. i was wandering what kind of trade-in money i should get for it off a dealer, because then i could work out a budget for a newer car.

Depends on how much the car you are trading it in against costs, dealer trade-in prices can vary depending where you go and the condition of your Clio.

You should be more interested in how much it costs you to trade up to the new car rather than the trade-in allowance of your old Clio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 byrnemx

well a ball park figure would do, trading on a 03 or 04 with maybe a slightly biggar engine. clio in immaculate cond

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Rough guess I would say between €3,800 to €4,000. If it is a good spec model like the Le Sport you may get a couple of hundred euro more. Go to a few dealers and this will give you an idea of what it is worth as a trade-in.

Alternatively, you may get a little more if you try and sell it privately. Ten get a cash discount from the dealer for the 03/04 car.

Advertisement