Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc case recommendation please

Options
  • 25-02-2007 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Hi
    can you recommend me a nice mini tower case?

thinking of something a bit stylish and understated, will be putting a core 2 duo in there and maybe overclocking it a bit. would like something quiet and easy to set up. doesn't need to be very big.

have an antec sonata at the moment and i really like it but thinking of going for something different, maybe the coolermaster mystique 631

anything else worth looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

this is mena be great for the price or the lani li.

theses 2 are mena be great for the price,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well it's definitely big, easy to setup, looks different & quiet the Akasa Mirage 62. However some folks hate those doors covering the front bays.

How about a white case not to common these days though you will have to paint your DVD drives to match which is not as hard as you think.

How about the Silverstone TJ09 great case, very expensive though or the Gigabyte Poseidon.

Lian Li, Silverstone, Antec are generally the ones you want to check out for more subtle & stylish cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I'm personaly going to be going for one of these:
    http://www.antec.com/uk/productDetails.php?ProdID=81802

Looks quite subtle but nice all the same. Kinda getting sick of my current all-acrylic see through affair, even when it does glow all UV-reactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I have an Antec P160 at the moment, fantastic case, lightweight yet filled with the kind of well thought-out design features that make installation a piece of cake. Removable drive bays, removable motherboard tray, good machine finish so there are no rough burrs to catch your fingers on, etc.

However, I do like those Lian-Li cases, the PC-7 is a fantastic case for what they charge. If you can afford a bit more on your case, I would go for the Lian-Li V1000.

However, as mentioned by awhir, the PC-7 ticks all the boxes you have mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I love Antec cases.

Have recently built systems in a P180 and P150.

The P150 is a small case but very well built and is silent in use. The P180 is larger but equally quiet and has room for as much gear as you would need...but is tricky to get a neat wiring job.

I also have a Lian Li V2000 that is large enough to lock a small child in but probably a little OTT for what you need.

My choice would be the P180..comes in black or silver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

thanks everybody
    p180 looks good but a bit big. personally dont look the look of the lian li mentioned (prefer to have a door covering the front drive bays).

still think i'll go with the coolermaster mystique 631 , will wait until the new ati directx 10 cards (and maybe vista sp1 ) come out before building though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

I went for the Coolermaster 632 which is lovely, see attached pics.

Just fitted an Akasa Evo Blue cpu cooler, big mother cooler, dropped my 3.2Ghz prescott from 54c to 40c at idle, and from 61c to 50c under load.

W

Advertisement