Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo Prob

Options
  • 24-02-2007 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

I was talking to a mate earlier and i parked my car on a hill. When i looked up at my car (2001 Mondeo TDdi), i could see clearly under the car, and the exhaust was hanging down.

It was the pipe under the middle of the car, not the bit at the bumper.

Got the car home and took a look under it, and now it looks like a hole is forming in part of the bend.

How much will this cost, or is there somethin i can do to fix this myself.

Cheers.

-V-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Sounds as though either a bracket or one or more of the rubber donuts that hold the exhaust up has failed. I'd just bring it in to an exhaust centre, I can't imagine it'll cost too much to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

took my motor to a tyre place that also does some minor mechanical work. Guy put my car up on the lift, and said that it looked like i needed a new exhaust system, then this polish guy comes over, takes a look and says "ill fix"

Next thing i know he had the exhaust off the car and out comes a welder. 1hr 40mins later, i got exhaust fixed and only cost 60quid. Im a happy chappy. Fair play to that polish lad. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Im a happy chappy. Fair play to that polish lad. :D

Hope you tipped him !

They probably have him working there for 7 Euro an hour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

peasant wrote:
    Hope you tipped him !

They probably have him working there for 7 Euro an hour :D

yea i gave him a few quid, he completly ignored other customers to get it fixed before 6. :cool:

Advertisement