Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kerio firewall pro

Options
  • 24-02-2007 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I currently use Kerio Personal Firewall, the free version. It works quite well, but I would like to upgrade to the professional version for better security. However, one IT 'expert' has told me that in fact I'd be overloading my system with the professional version. Is this true?

(For information: My laptop has Intel Centrino, and 1GB disk space)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cameraman

Hi,

as far as I know, the free and pro versions are exactly the same for the first month. Then if you don't pay up, some of the more advanced features are disabled.

So, the likeleyhood is that if it's worked OK up to now, then it will continue to work fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭esperanza

Cameraman wrote:
    Hi,

as far as I know, the free and pro versions are exactly the same for the first month. Then if you don't pay up, some of the more advanced features are disabled.

So, the likeleyhood is that if it's worked OK up to now, then it will continue to work fine.

so basically, the pro version is more or less a rip-off?

yes, it's been working fine. apparently it's more important to have a good firewall than a good antivirus so i just wanted to be on the safe side. I'll stick with the free version since all is ok. thanks for your advice

Advertisement