Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook 2003

Options
  • 24-02-2007 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

I've set up a new XP account on my PC for my girlfriend. I'm trying to set up her gmail in outlook like I have done with my own, but when I go to open outlook, it installs itself (It's the first time it's being used on this account), and then stops, saying that there is an installation error and to restart outlook or reinstall it if the problem persists. I have opened Excel and Word with no problems, but outlook won't open on the newly created account. I've tried to reinstall outlook for the original CD but it won't allow me, probably because office 2003 is alreadly installed and the application thinks that I'm trying something illegal!

Please help.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

In Add/Remove Programs, you could try a repair of the Office installation.
    Let us know how that goes
    If you still get an error, exactly what does it say? Any error number or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Outlook can only install like any program with admin rights. The new account you set up i can only assume is a limited user account and so you do not have the rights to set i up.
    If this is the case... change to admin rights then let it get set up and remove them later if you do not want her to have admin rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

The message I get when I try and open Outlook is:

"The operation failed due to an installation problem. Restart Outlook and start again. If the problem persists, please reinstall."

If tried to reinstall office 2003 but it won't let me. I also can't download updates for office 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

There is a an office removal tool on MS website somewhere

removes the bits uninstaller leaves behind or is corrupt

or just use Mozilla Thunderbird email client

Advertisement