Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Photo Journal - The rise and fall of mass production in the US car industry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Interesting stuff. Ive never been impressed with most US cars. The amount of SUV's in the USA is significant. It looks like around 50% of vehicles on US roads are SUVs / 4x4s from what ive seen. They certainly love their big engines. I saw some unexpected models over there recently like a mark 5 2.5 litre Golf (look bog standard though unlike GTI/R32 etc). Also saw an E65 550i over there. Never heard of that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The craze for SUVs was triggered by a tax law I think. Or was it emissions law?

Mike

Advertisement