Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show - Is answerservice an advantage?

Options
  • 24-02-2007 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭

Having actually watched about three of these shows in the last 10 years I was gob-smacked that Pat Kenny did a retry; he rang the number got the voicemail and re-tried... Eventually getting the punter - who won.

My understanding was if you aren't home you don't win!

Was this an ad for voicemail or was there something else involved - either way think this thread will be deleted pretty quickly:eek: ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

I was surprised they left the sound from the answer service on for so long - my understanding was that he was going to leave a message in her mailbox and sicken her, but, of course, you could her her landline number being called out as part of the message! Although I haven't seen them try again after getting the voicemail. Maybe the try twice now before giving up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

I've never sen him redial a munber after getting the answering macine. He usually just leaves a sneery snidey message saying if you had been in when he called you'd have won five hundred million squid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Yeah that was pretty unfair but it was something like becasue it was a mobile it could have been out of area...

Advertisement