Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is cdwow.ie safe to buy shows from?

Options
  • 23-02-2007 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

I wanna get the 2nd season of Miami Vice on dvd. www.cdwow.ie has the best price. However they have two versions (both region2) of this season with a 30euro difference between them. (heres the link to the cheaper http://www.cdwow.ie/detail_results_2.php?product_code=1080770 )

What is odd is the 30euro difference but also the fact I don't see a British or Irish certificate stamp on the box. Does anybody know if they are trustworthy. Its just their stock lists seem to be a real mess and they operate out of Cyprus and not ".ie" - Ireland!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

CDWOW are safe, not sure about your price difference query. I have bought from them a number of times without any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Is it safe?

I knew this guy who bought from cdwow once. Three years later- Bam, Herpes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Is the more expensive one a collectors edition or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭I.J.

hi tbh,

the more expensive one just has updated packagaing. I just thinks its strange because it says region 2&4 for the cheaper and just region 2 for the expensive one. Then when I see no sign of a British or Irish cert stamp and the fact it operates from Cyprus I just get suspicious. The price is quite different too from British websites.

As long as the website has a good record, I suppose its ok (although i saw recently on bbc teletext that they have been done recently for selling to continents where they have no right to sell)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I've got stuff loads of times, No problems except delivery could be a bit quicker, maybe that's because in this day and age we expect things much quicker than ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I bought the first two seasons from cdwow before xmas (with the 5 euro mcdonalds everlasting vouchers) They were the first website I ever bought from and are reputablr altho they could do with a redesign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I've got stuff loads of times, No problems except delivery could be a bit quicker, maybe that's because in this day and age we expect things much quicker than ever.

i blame email

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

cdwow blows

i ordered stuff off there like 5 times
    no of it came to me before at least a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

I always use CDwow, im talking at least twice a month. I found them to be reliable and safe. Tho a few things have gone missin in the post, but im blaming An Post for that, but CDwow sent a replacment to me asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

CDWow are one of the more reputable merchants online. They have been around for a long time and have affiliations with many popular sites including Pigsback.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Its just Rip Off Europe in action.

The more expensive one is the European release (region 2).

The cheaper one is the Australian release (region 4).It has an M rating (mature).The packaging can vary but the disc content will be the same.Almost all of the disc's released in the UK are coded for region 2 and 4.Both are PAL countries and it save's the distributor money.

The fact that they feel they can charge European's twice the price is for another thread.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

It's an Australian release and will work perfectly on your region 2 player. I've bought several Australian box sets from CDWow, and always get a good price.

I bought it before christmas and it works perfectly. A lot of the Australia DVDs are far chearper and offer a great saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Is it safe?

I knew this guy who bought from cdwow once. Three years later- Bam, Herpes.

That's comedy gold, right there!!! Comedy gold...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ryaller wrote:
    That's comedy gold, right there!!! Comedy gold...
    You should watch Family Guy so

Advertisement