Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sony 55" Rear Pro TV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I was just thinking about these today, was checking around for prices and power city seem to have them at €1999 so you might save yourself a few quid there.

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-09-55A20

(I'm almost sure it's the same SXRD one and not the 3-LCD type)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

FUnny one this, everywhere was €2.7k about a week and a half ago, then €2.3
    Sony Centre Limerick are €1,899, pays to make the calls
    I've been reading the reviews of its near as possible cousin thats been in the states since last summer and they are all rave
    €1900 for a 55" "full" HDTV, isn't it great

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

That's a good price alright, and the quality of them is supposed to be superb. It'll be 2 or 3 months before I'm in a position to get one so I hope they stay around at that price. They talk about them quite a bit on www.avforums.com, you might want to have a look there, apparantly the model we get is the equivelent of the XBR2 in the US not the cheaper A2000 ones they have too (altough there's not really much difference between them). There's supposed to be a new version coming out with the laser engine later this year which is probably why the prices have dropped so low here.

me thinks theres a bit of a pricing war being driven by Dublin also which is only good for the consumer

Well I took the plunge and purchased at the weekend, haven't got it yet but all the reviews that I saw were great.
    The eventual replacement will be the laser version that will be about 12" deep and no bulb!
    However expected to be pricy and not available until nearer the end of the year.

See my sig if anyone is interested in my current model.

• Advertisement
Advertisement