Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would D'Arcy be getting?

Options
  • 23-02-2007 8:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

I see D'Arcy has signed a new deal.

Just wondering what type of money he would be on?

Is it public knowledge?

O'Driscoll on about 500,000 ... is that right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I thought BOD was getting around 250k-300k. At least that figure is in my head, from when I'm not sure.

I suppose D'Arcy should be getting similar, though probably is getting less. He also only signed a 3 year extension, I believe BOD's recent extension was for 4 (?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

I thought i heard on the news/in the paper that Darcy was getting 150,000 a year.
    But he will probably make close to that again in sponsorship,benefits(car) etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭themarcus

It's incredible how much their earnings have gone up since 10 years ago!
    Out of curiosity - how would Leinster/Munster wages compare with top English/French clubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Still its alot less than the likes of John O Shea and his underachieving colleagues on the soccer team ...the rugby lads aren't getting half enough for what they put themselves through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Certainly alot more lucrative being a footballer,so if i had the choice i know which one i would choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

If you have the choice of becomming a top class soooocarrr or rugby player I think you are doing very well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭themarcus

daveirl wrote:

You think? I would have expected that Leinster would be very competitive in terms of wages - I mean just look at the young talent they have as subs for the backline!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

daveirl wrote:

That's less than a part-time job in McDonalds would pay. Not very much incentive to stick around if you have the option to go to England.

I did think it was a bit sad that with all the sponsorship deals that could be available to players Denis Hickie's Wavin ad was roled out again yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

daveirl wrote:

And some developmental contracts in harlequins are 35k .No wonder theres so many going over there, e.g. simon keogh etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

decbuck wrote:
    Just wondering what type of money he would be on?/QUOTE]

I'm guessing euros.

Sorry, couldn't help it...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

A friend of mine was in the leinster squad, played a couple of magners league games , never played a heinwken cup games and so was very much on the fringes. He was earning 45k p/a . and this is all tax free

Advertisement