Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with flash...

Options
  • 23-02-2007 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Since yesterday, whenever I've tried to view videos on YouTube, I get this message: Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player.
    It says on Bebo, I need to upgrade to Flash 7 or higher, which I have: Flash 9, and I've got Java too, so I really don't know what the problem is.
    I can watch embedded videos on YouTube.
    Can somebody please help me!? I'll love you forever!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

you might be able to force an uninstall using the "add/remove programs" in the control panel, and the goto the flash page and try install again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Idoubtit

I'm having the same problem with my flash player. Used to work perfectly but in the last couple of days I keep getting error messages such as "Flash plugin required" or "you may have an older version of flash installed".

I have the newest version, my security settings weren't recently changed and all look to be on the right settings and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Pulling my hair out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Idoubtit

OK so I fixed it by downloading and running the official flash uninstaller

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157

Then just reinstalled and it worked grand!

Advertisement