Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Startup Problem

Options
  • 22-02-2007 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

the last 4 times ive started up my computer, everything loads up grand, except for the desktop icons,which take about 6 minutes after everything else loads up to appear.
    this aint happened before.

anyone know how to reserve this/?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

What you been loading? You sure you are virus and spyware free? You could try system restore.

Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

If you know when the problem began,
    Start, Run, MSConfig
    Launch System Restore
    Choose a point in time before the problem began, having perused the later restore points and noted the applications installed (not all installs trigger checkpoints)
    Having reverted to an earlier config is the problem fixed?
    If not google for shelliconcache

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

what is shelliconcache?

im a NooB to be honest at computers,my knowlage is very basic.

is any of this risky?

• Advertisement

May be better getting someone more comfortable with computers to look at it for you. It's not a major issue if just caused by random file corruption but I would be happier to know what caused it.
    If it goes wrong you could always restore from your last unaffected backup:D

Cal.

maybe i will run a windows defender scan to check for viruses?

There are many free online virus & spyware scans. No harm in doing a couple.

Cal.

aye.
    wil also run a scan with avg

Advertisement