Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Messenger

Options
  • 22-02-2007 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to set a permanent status for your windows messenger. Say for e.g. when I leave work in the evening and have the status set to 'busy', when I log in in the morning I want the status to still say 'busy'. This way when I log in whoever is in my contacts will not get an alert telling them I am logged on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you are using the newer versions of Live Messenger (formerly MSN Messenger), you can log in as a certain status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 civic

Hi,

We are using Windows Messenger version 5.1 here in work.
    Can't update it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

In that case, my only other suggestion would be that there may be a plugin, but I doubt you would be able to install one of those either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Using version 4.7 here - right click on it and set My Status to busy. Or, if it is open, File->My Status->Busy

Advertisement