Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media player hard drive

Options
  • 22-02-2007 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a Hard drive that plays media files independently of a computer. Just plug into your tv and go.

Have been looking at getting one of these from ebay. The seller looks reputable enough, says there will be a 3 year warranty. However it said it's manufactured by Samsung, a week or so back it was manufactured by Hitachi so I'm not sure about it anymore.

Anybody have any opinions on the hard drive in question or care to suggest a better alternative?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

whole heap of boardies bought an argosy equivalent here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055042611&referrerid=&highlight=ibood

there maybe some helpfull comments there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

It isn't made by either Samsung or Hitachi it is a generic Chinese player that gets re-sold under various other names I've seen that casing elsewhere.

Usually those players are okay for XviD but it's hard to pin down the capabilities without knowing the exact chipset inside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

saw one in maplin recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

I bought one of these last week
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/410883/art/memup/media-disk-3-5-320-gb-ext.html

Excellent, no problems playing any of the files I've thrown at it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

8T8 wrote:
    It isn't made by either Samsung or Hitachi it is a generic Chinese player that gets re-sold under various other names I've seen that casing elsewhere.

Usually those players are okay for XviD but it's hard to pin down the capabilities without knowing the exact chipset inside it.

Yeah I figured it wasn't made by either so it wasn't 100% trustworthy.

Cheers Kaisersoze, been looking for something like that on komplett or dabs.ie but couldn't find anything. Will probably just go with that, would have preferred 400gb but 320 is still plenty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

they have a 400gb version also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

they have a 400gb version also

Yeah, saw it just after I posted above. Have ordered the 400gb version for €226 delivered. Not amazingly cheap but I'll be sorted for years now.

Advertisement